Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Grocery List

There are a lot of reasons to buy grocery store goodies. Sometimes you don't have time to bake. Sometimes you want to try something new. And sometimes something just looks damn delicious. Here are a few of the grocery store items that are floating my boat right about now.

Biscoff Cookies

You might know these European-style cookies from Delta flights. They will always remind me of vacations and of my Dad, who always steals them from the Crown Room (I don't care what it's called now; that will always be its name) so he has a whole cabinet full of them. You can order them from Biscoff's website (and get Delta SkyMiles!), but that's a little too much work for me. Luckily, Trader Joe's has released Bistro Cookies, which are ridiculously cheap and taste just like the real thing. Yum!

Ben & Jerry's Fossil Fuel Ice Cream


I LOVE Ben & Jerry's, but I usually only allow myself to buy their frozen yogurt (or anyone's FroYo, for that matter). Lately the bodega across the street has been out of B&J FroYo; seeing as it was too hot to walk and I was dying for some frozen goodness, I had to try something new. I couldn't resist the chocolate dinosaurs! The best part of the ice cream? The cookie pieces. So delicious!

Trader Joe's Peanut Butter Goodies

My roommates bought me these when I ended my diet after my sister's wedding. It's a cookie topped with peanut butter mousse, then covered in chocolate, and sprinkled with peanuts. They are magical. Go buy some immediately.

Chocolate Chips

I always keep chocolate chips on hand to bake with, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't eat a tablespoon or two as a snack now and then. Lately, I've also had white chocolate chips and peanut butter chips around too. Chips are the perfect little (surprisingly low calorie) treat to satisfy your sweet tooth without breaking your budget, busting your diet, or ruining your dinner.

What are you nomming on from the grocery story lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment